Date: December 1, 2018
- Participants will be able to define what embodied leadership is, differentiate it from more familiar models of leadership and describe 5 qualities of an embodied leader.
- Participants will be able to give examples of barriers to embodied leadership and will be able to determine strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Participants will be able to explain what emotional safety is, and what it is important in self-care and clinical care.
- Participants will be able to apply their understanding of emotional safety in their work with clients.
- Participants will practice tools and techniques to stay grounded in challenging situations, so that they can use them personally and professionally.
- Participants will discuss what helps them stay grounded and identify situations where they may lose their grounding.
- Participants will be able to identify transference and countertransference of touch and establish appropriate guidelines for working with transference and countertransferece of touch.
- signs of PTSD and other triggers in clients.
- Participants will practice techniques for conscious, safe touch with permission.
- Participants will be able to use The Inner Board of Directors, a mind-body tool for integrated decision making.
- Participants will be able to give examples of self-care practices for embodied mind-body leadership.
Linda’s Bio: Linda Marks, MSM, developed Emotional-Kinesthetic Psychotherapy (EKP) in the 1980’s and has taught and practiced EKP with individuals, couples, families and groups for 33 years. Linda is the co-founder of the first state body psychotherapy professional association in the country, and was involved in the founding of her national professional association, the United States Association of Body Psychotherapy (USABP). Linda is the author of Living With Vision: Reclaiming the Power of the Heart (Knowledge Systems, 1989) and Healing the War Between the Genders: The Power of the Soul-Centered Relationship (HeartPowerPress, 2004), and is also a professional singer/songwriter with 6 albums. She holds degrees from Yale and MIT, and has taught nationally and internationally.
Price: $130.00 Before September 15, 2018;
$145.00 after September 15th
Includes Lunch and CEU’s (Applied for)
Partial scholarships are available! Please contact Jennie directly for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-860-6203
This one day training will be held at the stunningly beautiful and accessible Bishops Booth conference Center in Burlington Vermont. With access to wooded trails and water, this is an ideal retreat space for our training.
A minimum deposit of 50% (non-refundable) of the training fee is required to hold a place in the training. The remainder is due on the day of the conference.
To Register by U.S. Mail: Fill out and submit the Form at the bottom of this page, then send a check to: Jennie Kristel, JourneyWorks, 1205 North Avenue, Burlington, Vermont 05408
To Register and pay in-full electronically, follow this link: Embodying Mind-Body Leadership with Linda Marks,MSM